At Heathmont East Primary School the use of digital technologies enables students to utilise current technology as a tool for learning. Digital technologies promotes educational excellence and enhances the student learning environment.
We aim to enable all students, F-6, to learn essential digital technologies skills and to develop confidence and competence in the use of various digital devices. We strive to provide another dimension to the development of communication and research skills. We endeavor to enhance all learning programs through the use of digital technology.
Currently, some of our digital resources include:
- Technologies such as interactive whiteboards and TVs provided in classrooms
- 1:1 BYO iPad program operative in Levels 5 and 6 that prepares students for 21st Century education and enhances student learning using technology
- Site licences for various computer programs
- Google Education accounts for all staff and Level 4-6 students
- Networked classroom computers, sets of iPads throughout the school and a portable laptop trolley for classes to explore digital curriculum
- Coding and programming resources
- Video conferencing facilities